Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Just when you thought you had it...


It was gone in an instant. Seven days is just not enough time. She had been away so long and was here so briefly. We both know that it will be over soon. We both know that we love each other. 

None of the things I just mentioned help the fact that I toss and turn at night when she's not there. I miss the warmth she gives off. I miss the way she holds me, and the way she feels when I hold her. 

I try to tell my self that this is good. Somehow this will make us stronger. It doesn't! It makes it worse. I want her here. I want her to be sitting on the porch reading a book when I come home from work. I want to meet her at a bar in Westport, have dinner, get drunk, be home by 8 and make love all night. 

It will happen I know. We will see each other during the time she's gone. But her absence has made me know what I love so much about her... her love for me. I have never felt someone love me so deeply, care so much or love so hard as her. 

Thank you my friend, my lover, my good time girl!

1 comment:

  1. It's true... I love you more than I have ever loved before. I miss you. (It's more of an ache, an actual physical pain that resides in my chest.)
    There are days, like yesterday, when I wanted to simply put my head in my hands like the "Crying Giant" as well. Until I see your face, until we play in the treehouse, know that I love you. Know that you mean everything to me.

    ReplyDelete